This article is for the recreational poker player that aspires to become a full-time professional. Find out IDN Poker.
Poker may seem like a cool job with a glamorous lifestyle, but is that the case? Read on to see if you are ready to turn pro.
The Benefits of Playing Poker for a Living
First, let’s start with why anyone would want to become a professional poker player. If this is obvious to you personally then skip to the next segment!
- Choose your hours: if you don’t feel like working nowadays, you don’t have to!
- You are your employer – there is no one buying you around.
- You get each of the freedom that you want – it is easy to wake up whenever you feel like it.
- You possibly can make more money than people your age, with relatively less effort.
- There aren’t many jobs in the world that are as fun as poker.
- You can make huge sums of money in a very short period – everyone loves a quick profit!
- If you move to somewhere such as the UK, poker is completely authorized and you don’t have to pay just about any taxes on your winnings.
- You may be lazy and disorganized, but still, make a fortune! This is a thing you simply can’t get away from within the real world.
- You can fulfill your dreams. In life, you should do what you enjoy the most. Most people grow up wanting to be an actor, tennis player, singer, etc. Professional poker is an alternate route to one of those glamorous careers.
How Much Do You Enjoy Poker?
OK let’s begin!
If you are reading this, you have probably played poker ‘a bunch’ and are quite enjoying it. But do you want to play poker 5-6 times a week for the rest of your life? It may seem like poker is the only thing you want to do right now, but in a few years, you may think otherwise!
Also, take into consideration the variance involved. You may find been running above expectancy. In poker, downswings are generally inevitable and you have to be able to take care of it. Downswings can be very challenging and cruel. Be prepared for these people, because no matter how good you will be, it will happen to you.
You ought to be completely immersed in texas Holdem and know about pretty much everything linked to poker. You need to have that craving to play poker every single day if you need to become a professional poker person.
What Skills Are Required To Get a Professional Poker Player?
Yet another factor to consider is how good you are at poker. Are you currently really cut out for it? Many people aren’t. Here are some of the characteristics that you need to become a successful expert poker player:
- Have great temperament, discipline, and self-control.
- You need to be fairly intelligent. You don’t need to be a genius, but if you are usually bottom of your Math course then reconsider your career.
- Possess a reasonable mathematical background — you need a general understanding of chances and variance.
- You need to be cut-throat, but at the same time be able to place your ego aside.
- Fine analytical skills.
- Good at studying people.
- Have a good knack for games and playing. This is similar to in business exactly where people talk about having a fine ‘business acumen’ – the definition of sounds a lot like bulls*** it matters particularly!
- You should generally be a beneficial person.
- Able to handle force.
- Be able to pick yourself upwards during bad times.
Typically the Realities of Life being a Professional Poker Player
Whenever you turn pro, you need to maintain improving constantly. Most professional online poker players keep on improving once they have turned pro. You have to constantly put in the hours to hold studying the game.
Generally, online poker and social life usually do not go hand in hand. But if you will find the right balance between online poker and life then this is a bonus. You need to ask yourself how you can15484 be viewed by your family members, friends, and the community in which you live. Ignore this final advice if you don’t care about exactly what others think of you!
Just ignore what you see on TV. A lifetime of the average professional online poker player is not quite like often the poker players that you find on the World Poker Vacation or the World Series of Online poker. Prepare for a long grind.
Just think of the professions like actresses and footballers (soccer). Towards the top, there are big rewards and maybe they are mostly overpaid. But for the general public, it is a grind!
Furthermore variance, there are also other factors as absolutely no control in online poker. Do you think poker is going to be 100 % legal in your country forever? Consider the U. S. and Black Friday as an example. And finally, are poker variations in your area or online about to continue to be as good as they are?
What kind of money Have You Been Making From Online poker?
It is better to have a long period connected with consistent results than just one big tournament win. If you have ever visited making more money from Holdem poker than your job for the last twelve months then you might be ready to turn master.
But to turn pro, you ought to be making a lot more coming from poker than your standard job. If you make a comparable amount of money to your current career, you should probably stick to your job.
Bear in mind all the negatives associated with Holdem poker (particularly the downswings) and also think about whether it is all worth every penny. If you have been making lots of money by poker, do you think your get rate is sustainable?
Are you hip to Become a Professional Poker Guitar player?
You might be at a stage before where you are better off doing other considerations. A good example of this is if you are with a university/college. You can still enjoy poker in your spare time and prepare money from it while you finish off your degree.
Think about what you will end up sacrificing to pursue your current poker dream. Is stopping your job worth it? Given that like a good idea at the time however you may regret it later.
Are you experiencing any backup plans? Holdem poker may go completely wrong for you and you will find yourself put aside by people your age. Using a degree is a good start, however, you need more than that today.
Moreover, do you currently have a huge enough bankroll? You need even more buy-ins when your main source of income is poker. Play it safe and go for 50 buy-ins for cash games and 200 buy-ins for tournaments. There is more variance in poker than most people think.
However, a new breed of poker players has staked players in tournaments. If you are backed by someone you don’t even need to have a bankroll, provided you have a good track record and someone that trusts you. There are many upsides to this. Stay tuned for an article dedicated to staked poker players.
Merely Go For It
If you’ve read each of the above and still think Holdem poker as a career is right to suit your needs, then you need to just do it! Poker needs to become the complete top priority in your life. Just retain putting the hours inside.
If you play online you should get the very best deals and also rewards to increase your earnings. You should be reading books, discussion boards, strategy websites and also enjoy poker training videos. Who knows, you could be the next Phil Ivey. All the best!
Read Also: How you can Play Online Baccarat At home