A video I made exhibiting references from “CONCEPT OF GOD IN HINDUISM by Dr. Zakir Naik” that God is barely One in Hinduism and in addition references from the Quran exhibiting the oneness of God, there have at all times been One God.
Hinduism is the predominant faith of the Indian subcontinent, and one in every of its indigenous religions. Hinduism consists of Shaivism, Vaishnavism and Śrauta amongst quite a few different traditions. It additionally consists of historic teams, for instance the Kapalikas. Amongst different practices and philosophies, Hinduism features a broad spectrum of legal guidelines and prescriptions of “each day morality” based mostly on the notion of karma, dharma, and societal norms. Hinduism is a conglomeration of distinct mental or philosophical factors of view, slightly than a inflexible widespread set of beliefs.
Hinduism is fashioned of various traditions and has no single founder. Amongst its direct roots is the historic Vedic faith of Iron Age India and, as such, Hinduism is commonly referred to as the “oldest residing faith” or the “oldest residing main faith” on the earth.
One orthodox classification of Hindu texts is to divide into Śruti (“revealed”) and Smriti (“remembered”) texts. These texts focus on theology, philosophy, mythology, rituals and temple constructing amongst different subjects. Main scriptures embrace the Vedas, Upanishads, Purāṇas, Mahābhārata, Rāmāyaṇa, Bhagavad Gītā and Āgamas.
Hinduism, with about one billion followers, is the world’s third largest faith, after Christianity and Islam.
The phrase Hindu is derived (by Persian) from the Sanskrit phrase Sindhu, the historic native appellation for the Indus River within the northwestern a part of the Indian subcontinent, which is first talked about within the Rig Veda.
The phrase Hindu was borrowed into European languages from the Arabic time period al-Hind, referring to the land of the individuals who reside throughout the River Indus,] itself from the Persian time period Hindū, which refers to all Indians. By the 13th century, Hindustān emerged as a well-liked various identify of India, that means the “land of Hindus”.
The time period Hinduism additionally happens sporadically in Sanskrit texts such because the later Rajataranginis of Kashmir (Hinduka, c. 1450), some 16th-18th century Bengali Gaudiya Vaishnava texts, together with Chaitanya Charitamrita and Chaitanya Bhagavata, normally to distinction Hindus with Yavanas or Mlecchas. It was solely in the direction of the top of the 18th century that the European retailers and colonists referred collectively to the followers of Indian religions as Hindus. The time period Hinduism was launched into the English language within the 19th century to indicate the spiritual, philosophical, and cultural traditions native to India.
There are a number of sacred scriptures of the Hindus. Amongst these are the Vedas, Upanishads and the Puranas.
1. The phrase Veda is derived from vid which suggests to know, data par excellence or sacred knowledge. There are 4 principal divisions of the Vedas
(though in keeping with their quantity, they quantity to 1131 out of which a couple of dozen can be found). In accordance with Maha Bhashya of Patanjali, there are 21 branches of Rigveda, 9 varieties of Atharvaveda, 101 branches of Yajurveda and 1000 of Samveda).
2. The Rigveda, the Yajurveda and the Samveda are thought of to be extra historic books and are referred to as Trai Viddya or the ‘Triple Sciences’. The Rigveda is the oldest and has been compiled in three lengthy and totally different durations of time. The 4th Veda is the Atharvaveda, which is of a later date.
3. There is no such thing as a unanimous opinion relating to the date of compilation or revelation of the 4 Vedas. In accordance with Swami Dayanand, founding father of the Arya Samaj, the Vedas had been revealed 1310 million years in the past. In accordance with different students, they don’t seem to be greater than 4000 years previous.
4. Equally, there are differing opinions relating to the locations the place these books had been compiled and the Rishis to whom these Scriptures got. Inspite of those variations, the Vedas are thought of to be probably the most genuine of the Hindu Scriptures and the true foundations of the Hindu Dharma.
1. The phrase ‘Upanishad’ is derived from Upa that means close to, Ni which suggests down and Shad means to take a seat. Due to this fact ‘Upanishad’ means sitting down close to. Teams of pupils sit close to the instructor to be taught from him the key doctrines.
In accordance with Samkara, ‘Upanishad’ is derived from the basis phrase Unhappy which suggests ‘to loosen’, ‘to achieve’ or ‘to destroy’, with Upa and ni as prefix; due to this fact ‘Upanishad’ means Brahma-Data by which ignorance is loosened or destroyed.
2. The variety of Upanishads exceeds 200 although the Indian custom places it at 108. There are 10 principal Upanishads. Nevertheless, some take into account them to be greater than 10, whereas others 18. krishna arjun