Wagah – 15 Feb, 2007
1. Arrival of practice at Wagah railway station from Amaratsir
2. Folks gathered to obtain the Indian pilgrims
3. Vast of individuals on bus
4. Shut up of Lukshamy Dhalwan and good friend on bus
5. Numerous of street as seen from bus
Katas Raj, Saidan Shah – 15 Feb, 2007
6. Vast Lukshamy Dhalwan will get off bus
7. Vast exterior of Katas Raj forte
8. Numerous of individuals worshiping in-side the temple
9. Numerous of Lukshamy Dhalwan making ready providing
10. Shut up of stone with choices
11. SOUNDBITE: (English): Lukshamy Dhalwan, Pilgrim
“Not less than 42 villages are watered by this spring”
12. Numerous of individuals taking non secular bathtub within the stream
13. Vast of girls consuming from stream
14. SOUNDBITE: (English): Lukshamy Dhalwan, Pilgrim
“We’re right here from India for this pilgrimage, Katas Raj pilgrimage, which is the second greatest shrine in (former) north India after the (inaudible) monkey temples”
15. Cutaway river
16. SOUNDBITE: (English): Lukshamy Dhalwan, Pilgrim (audio is partly overlaid with photos of river)
“we’re right here for Shivratri which is taken into account a really huge event amongst Hindus”
17. Shut up of man taking image
18. Lukshamy Dhalwan and good friend posing for picture
Katas Raj, Saidan Shah – 16 Feb, 2007
19. Arrival of Hindu pilgrims at Hindu Temple, Katas Raj
20. Mid of temple
21. Zoom out of girls burning candles
22. Pan of lady signing and able to burn candle
23. Zoom out from image of Hindu Gods to pilgrims praying
LEAD IN :
For the primary time in over half a century a big group of Hindu pilgrims has celebrated the competition of Shivrati in Pakistan.
The Hindu devotees travelled over land from their houses in India to have a good time the feast of the wedding of the Hindu god Lord Shiva.
Lukshamy Dhalwan was one of many roughly 175 Hindu pilgrims who travelled from neighbouring India to Pakistan to attend the three-day Shivratri competition on the well-known Katas Raj temples in Pakistan’s Punjab province. (February 15 – 17).
It was the primary time the competition has taken positioned since Pakistan and India cut up after independence from Britain in 1947 and is extensively considered as a one other signal of the thaw between the 2 international locations.
A trickle of Hindu pilgrims from India have visited through the years, however by no means earlier than in such numbers.
The pilgrims had been pushed into the jap metropolis of Lahore from Wagah station the place they arrived by a particular practice, they then left Gurudwara Dera Sahib in Lahore for celebrations at Saidan Shah the place the temple is located.
Katas Raj temple, constructed on a hilltop named Saidan Shah about 120 kilometres (75 miles) south of Islamabad, is talked about in historical Hindu and Sikh scriptures.
The Katas web site homes the Satgarha – a bunch of seven historical temples – stays of a Buddhist stupa (monument), a couple of medieval temples, havelis (palaces) and a few not too long ago constructed temples, scattered round a pond thought-about holy by Hindus.
The temple in Chakwal district of Punjab is devoted to Lord Shiva and is believed to be date again to historical instances.
Lukshamy Dhalwan says that Katas Raj is the an necessary shrine for Hindus.
The competition of Shivaratri is widely known all through India and honours the Hindu diety Lord Shiv and his marriage to the goddess Parvati.
The ceremonies happen mainly at evening.
You’ll be able to license this story by means of AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/d8689b6ef736dcafd5ff74433c1abecf
Discover out extra about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork