Selection Awards Circuit part is the house for all awards information and associated content material all year long, that includes the next: the official predictions for the upcoming Oscars, Emmys, Grammys and Tony awards ceremonies, curated by Selection senior awards editor Clayton Davis. The prediction pages are Davis’ evaluation of the present standings of the race and don’t replicate private preferences for any movie or efficiency. Like several group or physique that votes, every particular person class is fluid and topic to alter. Predictions are up to date each Thursday.
LAST UPDATED: Sept. 21, 2022
To see the ranked predictions for every particular person class, go to Variety’s Oscars Hub.
Awards Season Calendar (2022-2023) – coming quickly
Table of Contents
2023 Academy Awards Predictions
BEST PICTURE | DIRECTOR | ACTOR | ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS | ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE | PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN | FILM EDITING | MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING | SOUND | VISUAL EFFECTS | ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG | DOCUMENTARY FEATURE | INTERNATIONAL FEATURE | ANIMATED SHORT | DOCUMENTARY SHORT | LIVE ACTION SHORT
Awards Circuit (Movie Column) Archives
- Michelle Williams to Campaign for Lead Actress for ‘The Fabelmans,’ Supporting Race Now Wide Open
- ‘RRR’ Team Reacts to India Not Selecting It for Oscars, Urges Academy to Vote for It in Other Categories
- Brendan Fraser Is Back: Believe the Hype About His Oscar Chances for ‘The Whale’
- Can Harry Styles Really Get an Oscar Nomination for Acting?
- ‘Wendell and Wild’ Places Jordan Peele and Henry Selick at the Forefront of Animated Oscar Race
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘The Fabelmans’ Could Be the Oscar Frontrunner for Best Picture
- Mystery Solved! ‘Glass Onion’ Kills at TIFF and Should Be Netflix’s Leading Best Picture Pony
- ‘The Woman King’ Reigns Over TIFF and Hopefully the Oscars Will Notice
- ‘The Inspection’ Carries Jeremy Pope and Gabrielle Union Into the Oscar Race
- Five Things About Oscar Season We Learned at Telluride
- In the Name of the Father: With ‘The Son,’ Hugh Jackman’s Best Actor Oscar Moment Has Arrived
- How ‘Close,’ ‘Holy Spider’ and ‘Sr.’ Highlight the Need for More International and Documentaries in Best Picture
- Taylor Russell Brings Cannibal Magic to ‘Bones and All’ — Will the Academy Bite?
- Despite Florence Pugh’s Fearless Turn, ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ Isn’t a Major Oscar Contender
- ‘Empire of Light’ Is an Old-School Oscar Contender With a Career-Best Performance From Olivia Colman
- Buddy Comedy Duo Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson Enter the Oscar Race for ‘The Banshees of Inisherin’
- ‘Tár’ Could Bring Cate Blanchett Her Third Oscar and Todd Field His First Academy Award
- ‘Women Talking’ Soars at Telluride, Sarah Polley Could Be Third Consecutive Female Director Oscar Winner
- ‘Bardo’ or Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s Bleak Outlook on Life That Awards Voters Won’t Understand
- Venice Film Festival Sets the Stage for the International Oscar Race With ‘Bardo’ and ‘Argentina 1985’
- How India’s Action Epic ‘RRR’ Could Bring the Country’s First Oscar Nom in 21 Years
- Is Jordan Peele’s Latest an Oscar Contender? ‘Nope,’ But He Is Our Modern Day Hitchcock
- Who Will Be the Academy’s New President? Meet the Frontrunners to Lead the Oscars
- 19 Oscar Contenders From the Year So Far Include ‘Elvis,’ ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’
- Austin Butler’s Transformation in ‘Elvis’ Will Offer a Little More Oscar Conversation in Best Actor
- ‘Crimes of the Future’ Won’t Cut Into the Oscars, but It’s Time for David Cronenberg to Receive the Honorary Treatment
- How ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ and Tom Cruise’s Need for Speed Could Fly to the Oscars
- There Will Be a ‘Triangle of Sadness’ If Awards Aren’t Given to Ruben Östlund and Dolly De Leon
- ‘Three Thousand Years of Longing’ Could Be Cannes’ First Oscar Best Picture Contender
- ‘Armageddon Time’ Proves Not All Auteur Childhood Portraits Are an Oscar Slam Dunk
- Cannes Oscar Hopefuls Include ‘Elvis’, ‘Armageddon Time’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’
- Do ‘Everything Everywhere,’ ‘Northman’ and ‘Unbearable Weight’ Offer More Action Than Awards Voters Can Handle?
- Not So Fast Will Smith, Chris Rock and the Academy: There Are More People Who Deserve Apologies (Column)
- Oscars 2023: Our First Blind Predictions, From ‘Fabelmans’ to ‘Flower Moon’
Awards Circuit Podcast Interview Archives (Movie)
- Selection Awards Circuit Podcast Season Three begins Sept. 29, 2022
The ninety fifth Oscars ceremony can be held on the Dolby Theatre and televised stay on Sunday, March 12, 2022, on ABC. Oscar nomination voting begins on Jan. 12, 2023, till Jan. 17, 2023. Oscar nominations can be introduced on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023.
About Selection Awards Circuit:
Selection’s unmatched protection provides its readership unbeatable publicity in print and on-line, in addition to supplies inside reviews on all of the contenders on this 12 months’s awards season races. Along with predictions, the part contains — Awards Circuit Column, a weekly evaluation dissecting the traits and contenders within the race; Awards Circuit Podcast, a weekly collection that includes interviews with the highest contenders within the awards race and an skilled roundtable dialogue with Selection’s main editors and columnists; Awards Circuit Predictions Video Collection, a deep dive into particular classes, led by the main pundits.